Apply to YoungArts
How To Apply
- Be a young artist who is 15-18 years old or in grades 10-12.
- Prepare your audition or portfolio.
- Make sure you have permission to use copyrighted work.
- Complete the online application.
- Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee (by credit card only) or get it waived.
If selected as a Winner, you will receive:
- An invitation to participate in National YoungArts Week and/or Regional Programs in Miami, New York or Los Angeles, where you will take master classes with world-renowned artists and perform in the most prestigious venues in the country
- Cash awards of up to $10,000
- The opportunity to get nominated as a U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts
- Access to significant scholarship opportunities
- A lifetime of mentoring and professional support
Download the 2016 YoungArts application poster.
YoungArts has a rigorous blind adjudication process. No identifying information on submitted audition portfolio materials is permitted. Independent panels of discipline specific adjudicators review all completed application submissions without any knowledge of the applicant. Each submission is reviewed in its entirety by the panel members. Following the review process, applicants from the total pool are selected as National Winners.
Review the requirements before submitting your application. We suggest you check out our FAQs for fast answers to common questions. If your question is not addressed there, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want more information?
Sign up to receive exclusive application tips and information tailored to your discipline(s).
YOUNGARTS EMBRACES INCLUSION AND ENCOURAGES STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES TO APPLY.