Apply To Youngarts
Our 2016 Application is now open.
Apply for your chance to win cash awards of up to $10,000, take Master classes with world-renowned artists, perform in the most prestigious venues in the country, get significant access to scholarships and achieve national recognition. YoungArts is also the exclusive nominating agency for U.S. Presidential Scholars in the Arts.
How do you apply? It’s simple!
1. Be a young artist who is 15-18 years old and/or in grades 10-12.
2. Read the information on this page!
3. Prepare your audition or portfolio.
4. Make sure you have permission to use copyrighted work.
5. Complete the online application.
6. Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee or get it waived.
To Preview Requirements
If the requirements do not appear after selecting your discipline, please refresh the page and try again.
YoungArts identifies and nurtures emerging artists ages 15-18 (or in grades 10-12) in the visual, literary, design and performing arts. Winners are provided once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, significant access to scholarships and national recognition. YoungArts ensures the nation’s most outstanding young artists are encouraged – at critical junctures in their lives – to pursue careers in the arts.
YoungArts Winners represent a dynamic group of artists who go on to become leading professionals in their fields. Alumni are Oscar, Grammy, Emmy and Tony award nominees. They dance with the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and the New York City Ballet, and play in the Chicago Symphony and New York Philharmonic Orchestras. Their work appears on The New York Times bestseller list, at The Museum of Modern Art and in the Sundance Film Festival.
By applying to the YoungArts program you are eligible for:
- Participation in National YoungArts Week and/or Regional Programs in Miami, New York and Los Angeles, where you will take Master classes with world-renowned artists and perform in the most prestigious venues in the country.
- Cash awards of up to $10,000
- A chance to be recognized as a U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts (as YoungArts is the exclusive nominating agency)
- The opportunity to appear in YoungArts Masterclass on HBO
- Inclusion in the Student List Service, a directory of YoungArts applicants that is used by the best colleges, universities and conservatories in the nation to identify potential scholarship recipients.
YoungArts has a rigorous blind adjudication process. No identifying information on submitted audition portfolio materials is permitted. Independent panels of discipline specific adjudicators review all completed application submissions without any knowledge of the applicant. Each submission is reviewed in its entirety by the panel members. Following the review process, applicants from the total pool are selected as National Winners.
Receive a Certificate of Achievement, medallion, and recommendation letter. Invited to participate in one of our regional programs in Los Angeles, Miami, and New York. The Winner’s high school also receives an engraved plaque with the names of every winner from that school.
Receives the same benefits as a Merit winner plus a $250 monetary award.
Receives the same benefits as a Merit winner plus an invitation to National YoungArts Week held in January for final adjudication to determine award designation (ranging from $1,000-$10,000). Notification of Application Status All applicants will receive email and hard copy mailed notification of their status by mid-December. To download the 2016 YoungArts application poster, click here.
Questions about the application? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.